- Internet surfing and emailing: you’re just a click away from your loved ones.
- A well-stocked library: lots of books and magazines to devour between meals
- Health Club and Fitness Centre: remember, you’re only as young as you feel.
- Indoor games: Carom, Cards, Chess and Tennis table. Now who wants to get out?
- 12.5 acres of lush green environment to explore
- Dining Room with segregated kitchens for vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- Our menu changes every day and so does our table linen.
- Special Baths: Curative and Preventive Hydrotherapies.
- Remember, nothing heals like water.
- Daily physical fitness, yoga and transcendental meditation classes.
- Bhajans and spiritual discourses.
- Tournaments and matches, both indoor and outdoor.
- Readings in the library.
- A picnic every quarter
- Lectures by visiting speakers.
Dignity lifestyle is the only township which gives admission to chronically ill persons who need constant care.
In Phase I, 30 rooms have been reserved for people with ailments. Senior citizens requiring 24-hour assistance can take membership to these units. A dedicated assistance station is built into the design so that attendant care is available round the clock. The architecture of these units is designed for the physically challenged.
The level of the entrants will depend on the latest medical reports and assessment by the Dignity Care Team, in consultation with the prospective member and his/her family members. Charges are based on the level of care required.
There are two special Counsellors appointed for undertaking counselling work very integral to healthy living.
Senior citizens who tend to become lethargic or lose interest in life have to be motivated into an active living style.
This is an ongoing process of identifying residents requiring such care and attention.
We have noticed enormous changes come into senior living.
We have adopted the Eden Alternative principles of active living:
Ten Principles of Eden Alternative
- The three plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom account for the bulk of suffering in a human community.
- Life in a truly human community revolves around close and continuing contact with children, plants and animals. These ancient relationships provide young and old alike with a pathway to a life worth living.
- Loving companionship is the antidote to loneliness. In a human community, we must provide easy access to human and animal companionship.
- To give care to another makes us stronger. To receive care gracefully is a pleasure and an art. A healthy human community promotes both of these virtues in its daily life, seeking always to balance one with the other.
- Trust in each other allows us the pleasure of answering the needs of the moment. When we fill our lives with variety and spontaneity, we honor the world and our place in it.
- Meaning is the food and water that nourishes the human spirit. It strengthens us. The counterfeits of meaning tempt us with hollow promises. In the end, they always leave us empty and alone.
- Medical treatment should be the servant of genuine human caring, never its master.
- In a human community, the wisdom of the elders grows in direct proportion to the honor and respect accorded to them.
- Human growth must never be separated from human life.
- Wise leadership is the lifeblood of any struggle against the three plagues. For it, there can be no substitute.